Terms & Conditions
Website usage terms and conditions
The term “Greenacre Computer Services Ltd” or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 31 Hildens Drive, Tilehurst, Reading, RG31 5HY. Our company registration number is 4349548 Registered in England and Wales. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material may include, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
In House Repairs Terms and Conditions
- PC & Laptop Repairs/Upgrades
A quotation of total cost will be provided to you for the repair or upgrade of your machine. If you choose not to accept this quotation a charge of £24.00 for the test/estimate will be charged, refundable on acceptance of estimate within two weeks. PC upgrades are subject to the charge notified at the time of order. We require any software and driver discs or CDs supplied with the machine (i.e. Microsoft Office, Anti-Virus, Sound Card, Motherboard drivers etc) to be provided. If drivers cannot be provided we will endeavor to download them from the Internet at a charge £5.00.
Whilst every precaution is taken to safeguard your data we can take no responsibility for any data loss. It is your responsibility to have up to date back-ups of any personal data. We accept computers and other devices only on this basis.
We will seek to maintain any original applications that are on your hard disk. However, certain procedures (e.g. reloading Windows XP /Vista/7/8) can cause the original application(s) to require reloading. Therefore it is a condition of us accepting your PC that you are in possession of original licensed software with the ability to reinstall. Please supply us with any software together with licence documentation that you wish to have reloaded by us. We will not reload software from copied media.
- Virus Infections
It is company policy to check all PC’s arriving in our workshop for viruses; this is done with the latest Anti Virus Software. If a virus is detected we will remove it at a cost of £39.00, in addition to any other repair charges. Please note that viruses are a common cause of data loss, we do not take any responsibility for data lost and any infected data files may be removed in the virus removal process.
- Smart Phones, Smart Devices, Touch Screen Devices & Games Consoles
A free quotations for the repair of your device unless otherwise state whilst booking in, due to damage of your device it is possible that other unforeseen faults occur or are upon the dismantling process and is not the responsibility of Greenacre Computer Services. We cannot guarantee replacement screens will be as new once fitted due to possible chassis warping etc.
- Printer Repairs – Hewlett Packard
If a repair cost is up to £36 (£96.00 for laser printers) we will proceed and complete the repair without seeking further authority. If a repair exceeds this amount we will quote and seek your authority before proceeding. If we are unable to repair your printer (i.e. parts obsolete) no charges will be made, however, if no fault is found, a test fee of £24.00 will be raised. Should a cartridge need replacing or has not been supplied, we will charge at normal retail prices.
Other makes of printer will be charged at £24.00 for a test/estimate, refundable on acceptance of estimate or purchase of new printer.
- Immediate Inspection
If your repair is of a very urgent nature we may be able to offer an immediate inspection and same day repair. This is up to an extra £40.00 Inc VAT surcharge. We cannot guarantee this service to be available at all times.
- General Terms
Our labour charges have a 3 month warranty and any components supplied have 1 year’s warranty excluding laptop repairs which have 90days warranty on parts unless otherwise stated.
Delivery or collection (RG postcodes) is £14.00 each way.
If any of these terms are not acceptable please contact us immediately.